Sunday 25 February 2018

Ricotta Pancakes




I recently had the best pancakes of my life. They were served with passion fruit curd and they were EVERYTHING. I have eaten them twice in a week, no lie.

And, interestingly, they were ricotta pancakes, something I’ve never had before. I immediately had to try to recreate them. Ricotta pancakes aren't light and fluffy exactly, but they also aren't wet and crepe-y. They are also small and bitesize and pretty easy to make.

Now, I didn't have any passion fruit curd on hand (shame!) so I improvised with my boyfriend's favourite waffle toppings - whipped cream and strawberry jam!



But feel free to throw whatever toppings you want, nutella could be awesome, honey also would be super nice with chopped bananas on top.

Makes about 18 small pancakes, no judgement of how many that will serve – you do you


Ingredients
  • 150g plain flour
  • 1tsp baking powder
  • Pinch of salt
  • 20g vanilla sugar
  • 275ml milk
  • 1 egg
  • 250g ricotta cheese
  • A few tsp butter


Method

Mix together the dry ingredients.



Roughly mix in the milk and egg, it doesn’t matter if it is lumpy.



Stir through the ricotta cheese until you have a smoother, thick rich batter.




Heat a tsp of butter in a pan.

Dollop in a heaped tbsp. of batter to the pan, as many as can fit. Make them look vaguely round.



Cook for 90 seconds, flip, cook for another 90 seconds, then they’re done!



Continue with the rest of the batter, adding more butter to the pan before each batch.



Serve however you like, I went with jam, whipped cream and fresh strawberries.


Loaded with strawberries, jam, and whipped cream

(and I went with Lotus spread for me..)

No comments:

Post a Comment