Thursday 1 February 2018

Pan Fried Garlic Prawns



Whenever I go out to eat, I will often order fish or some kind of seafood. But I can count on one hand the number of times I have cooked that kind of food at home in the last year.

Last Friday evening I had a hankering for prawns after having had tapas recently. I decided to just go ahead and wing it, without much of a recipe but just an idea of what flavours I was fancying.



I'm always surprised at how fast seafood cooks! I had to read the cooking instructions on the packet a few times to be certain. This is a great midweek meal - it's not cheap (prawns are surprisingly pricey!) but it's super quick and tasty. I decided to serve my prawns with some aromatic fried veggies and some bruchetta-style bread, but a hunk of warm buttered sourdough would also serve just as well!


serves 2 

Ingredients
  • 1 red onion, diced
  • 1 pepper sliced
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • A few glugs olive oil
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • Juice of ½ lemon
  • 160g prawns
  • Fresh bread, to serve


Method

Begin by making the veggies. Heat some oil, fry the onion and pepper for a few minutes.



Add one clove of garlic and the oregano and cook a few minutes more.



Remove from the pan and place on a warmed plate ready for serving.

Add a little more oil to the pan along with paprika and the rest of the garlic. Fry for a few minutes and then add in the prawns.



Fry  the prawns for 2 minutes on each side, squeezing lemon juice and adding a pinch of salt near the end of cooking time.




Place the veggies on the plate, add the piping hot prawns on top and serve with some fresh bread (I added  pesto and onion to mine and baked briefly in the oven, a sort of quick bruschetta).


No comments:

Post a Comment