Saturday 11 March 2017

Slow Cooker Beef Stew



Oh, hurry up Spring! Yes. technically it's March, but it's still cold.

This is the kind of dinner that is a great big hug on a plate. It’s healthy and wholesome and packed of lovely veggies. And the sauce! Amazing.

I really love finding new delicious things to make in my slow cooker. I made this a little while back. I put it in the slow cooker in the morning before getting into bed post-night shift. When I woke up at 6pm, my dinner was cooked and ready to eat, and that stuff matters when you’re running on 5 hours sleep – I could have cried with happiness!

This ticks all my boxes-  simple, quick (relatively speaking, the work/prep involved to make it only takes minutes), tasty and healthy. A total winner.


Serves 4 , or 2 with leftovers for days!

Ingredients
  • 400g stewing beef, diced
  • 1 tbsp plain flour
  • ½ tsp salt and pepper
  • A few cloves garlic, diced small
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
  • 2 tbsp tomato puree
  • 1 tsp mustard
  • 1 leek, sliced
  • 3 carrots, sliced
  • 3 medium potatoes, diced into approx 1.5cm cubes
  • 350ml beef stock


Method

Place the beef in the slow cooker and stir the flour and seasoning until coated.



Add in the rest of the ingredients and cover with the stock.




Place the lid on and cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8-12 hours.



Serve with steamed veggies or mash or whatever you fancy.


No comments:

Post a Comment