Sunday 27 November 2016

Coconut Flour (Gluten-Free) Pancakes!



I’m determined to get through this box of coconut flour! It's a frosty Sunday morning, and I know what I'm having for lunch (breakfast, since I woke up late?)..

The box of coconut flour came with a recipe on the back for pancakes,but it was a bit too “clean” for me – I smother my pancakes in sugar or Nutella, as a rule, so I’m just not about to make them with coconut oil and agave nectar. Coconut flour is a little tricky to work with given that it is just so good at soaking up liquid, so I used the box’s proportions of wet to dry, but subbed in my own preferred ingredients.



These are a lot denser than my preferred pancakes, they’re not fluffy, but not wet like a crepe either. The coconut flour adds a wonderful nutty flavour that really sets off the finished product. I was trying to be “good” (HAH!) so I didn’t have it with Nutella, but I can only imagine it would taste like some kind of Bounty Bar dream if you liberally coated it in Nutella. Next time!



Makes about 6 medium sized pancakes

Ingredients

  • 2 eggs
  • 80 ml milk
  • 2 tbsp melted butter
  • 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
  • 3 tbsp coconut flour
  • 1 tsp bicarb
  • ¼ tsp salt


Method

Mix together the eggs,  milk, melted butter and sugar in a bowl.

Sift over the coconut flour, and add the bicarb and salt.



Mix together until you have a smooth, slightly thickened batter.



Heat the pan up with a little butter or coconut oil and spoon 2-3 tbsp batter in. Cook for about a minute each side. You know it’s time to flip when the first side has little bubbles and less runny.

This was the roundest one I made



Continue with the rest of the batter, and chow down when done!




I like my pancakes with either sugar or Nutella, but you do you, how you like your pancakes is personal business.

No comments:

Post a Comment