Friday 1 April 2016

Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Curry




Would you believe that someone specifically asked for got a slow cooker for Christmas!

Now, I’ll be real with everyone for a minute. I was pretty resistant of the slow cooker juggernaut. I know, I know. The benefits are endless. But I was scared of leaving the house with something cooking. It worried me. What if I came home and everything was on fire, an ashy lump of rubble where my home once was? But then, I thought how useful it could be for times when I’m mainly in the house but don’t want to stand over a pot, stirring. So, while I don’t think I’ll be throwing things in it and wandering off to work all day, I find myself using it on weekends and half days, where I basically put dinner on after breakfast and allow things to slowly cook and infuse with delicious flavours all day.

And onto one of the best slow cooked meals I've tried in it! It's a lovely noodle stew with Thai inspiration. And it took like 10 minutes to prep everything, then I was done until the food was ready to go! Technology is grand. This is a perfect slow-cooker meal.
serves 2 with leftovers


Ingredients
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 2 chicken breasts, cubed
  • 400ml can of coconut milk
  • 1.5 tbsp thai green curry paste
  • 2 heaped tbsp. peanut butter
  • 125ml chicken stock
  • 3 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 1 thumb of ginger, grated
  • 1 pepper
  • 1 chilli, deseeded
  • 2-3 nests of egg noodles


Method

Heat the oil, fry off the chicken until browned all over the outside. Place in the slow cooker.

Add all of the other ingredients, except the noodles. Season well and briefly mix.

Cook for 4 hours on low, opening after 3 hours to add in the noodles and give a brief stir.


Remove, garnish however you like and chow down!




No comments:

Post a Comment