Saturday 9 April 2016

Cream Cheese Brownies



The blog has been a bit too savoury lately (ie: two savoury posts in a row!)

So I thought I should rectify that with another type of brownie (I'm a tiny bit obsessed with brownies..).

I have been meaning to get more use out of the revelation of sesame-cheesecake mixture that I made for the sesame yoyos. And I really love brownies, but a few years ago when I attempted to make cream cheese brownies the whole thing was an unmitigated disaster. Like, "throwing the batch out" disastrous.



Nevertheless, these things are sent to try us! And if I never kept cracking on at recipes which had previously been fraught with difficulty, then this blog would be pretty empty. Trial and error, practice and tasting, that’ll get you where you need to go. Never give up!



And I’m glad I kept going, because I’ve cracked it! These are some of the nicest, nuttiest, creamiest brownies I’ve ever made! Please make them, you won’t regret it. Brownies, brownies, brownies!




Ingredients
  • 1 batch of brownie mix
  • 125g Phili cheese
  • 30g tahini paste
  • 1 egg
  • 30g icing sugar
  • 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
  • Some choc chips/walnuts to scatter on top


Method

Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.

Whip up some brownies. I went with this mixture.

Mix together the cream cheese, tahini paste, egg and sugars until smooth and creamy.

Pour ¾ of the brownie mixture into the prepared pan, and then dollop the cream cheese mixture on top. Pour over the remaining ¼ of the brownie mix on top, and then take a chopstick and swirl the mixtures together until you have a lovely marbled top.



Scatter over some nuts and choc chips of your choice on top, and pop in the oven.



Bake for 35-40 minutes.

Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan.




Slice up into generous chunks and devour!



No comments:

Post a Comment