Wednesday 27 April 2016

Chicken Noodle Soup



Yes, I realise it is halfway through bloody springtime, but the days have been really damn cold lately, so I think a nice warming bowl of soup is in order! As I type is it is literally hailing sideways. It's upsetting. Soup is the only answer.

When will the lovely crisp springtime arrive? I’m still trudging around in my wintery duffel coat, and Easter has been and gone!

This is a twist on your typical noodle soup, I’ve given it a hint of a Chinese flavour with some of my favourite ingredients, which I think go really well with this soup. I love sesame and soy and they go really well with this filling noodley-vegetable soup! Feel free to mix it up with your favourite things too – some chillies or mushrooms could really shine here too!

It really couldn’t be simpler- fry off some veggies, pour in stock and flavourful things, and stir through noodles and chicken. Top with more lovely flavourful things and enjoy!


Serves 4
Ingredients
  • 2 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 leek
  • 1 carrot
  • ½ green pepper
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • 1 litre chicken stock
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • A dash of pepper
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 2 scallions
  • 1 small can of sweetcorn
  • 100g egg noodles


Method

Heat the oil in a saucepan, and chop up the veggies. I thinly sliced the leek, green peppers and carrot, and crushed the garlic cloves. Add these to the warmed oil and mix about for a few minutes. Then pour in the stock, soy sauce, pepper and ginger.



Bring to a boil and then add in the chicken breasts.

Allow to cook at a rolling simmer for 20 minutes.

Remove the chicken, and shred.



Add this back to the pan alongside the sweetcorn, scallions and noodles.



Cook for 3 more minutes until the noodles are cooked through.


Ladle generous portions into a bowl and serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment