Wednesday 23 March 2016

Chocolate and Sesame Yoyos



I love nutty, seedy flavours in sweet as well as savoury cooking. There is nothing more delicious to me than a cookie filled with hazelnuts, or a cheeky walnut in cake, and of course, pistachios in the mighty baklava.



I also have a massive vat of tahini paste that I am keen to use whenever I can.

I also love discovering new flavour combinations. 



So when this recipe fell into my lap, I was immediately enamoured! These are light little biscuits, studded through with sesame seeds, and stuck to eachother with the most scrummy sesame-cheesecake filling. This has opened up a huge new range of recipes to me, it makes me immediately want to make a chocolate-sesame cheesecake. The chocolate and sesame complement each other beautifully, and the creamy sesame filling is completely delightful.




Makes 12 whole morsels (24 halves)
Ingredients for the biscuits
  • 90g plain flour
  • ½ tsp baking powder
  • 15g cocoa
  • 80g sesame seeds
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • 70g butter, softened
  • 60g golden caster sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 80g dark chocolate, melted


Ingredients for the filling
  • 100g cream cheese
  • 40g tahini paste
  • 35g icing sugar
  • A few tsp nutella, or ganache


Method

Heat the oven to 180 degrees.

Sift together the flour, baking powder and cocoa, then add in the sesame seeds and salt. Mix well.

In a separate bowl, combine the butter and sugars, and then mix through the egg. Pour in the melted chocolate and combine until smooth.



Tip the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix well.



Form into small (2cm) balls and place on a lined baking tray. The mixture is messy, but roll-able!



Bake for 6-7 minutes in the preheated oven and remove.



Allow to cool. I paired mine on a cooling rack by size at this stage.



When all cool, mix together  the cream cheese, tahini and icing sugar.


Spread the cheesecake mixture on half of the biscuits, and a thin smear of Nutella on the rest. 





Sandwich together. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment