Saturday 29 August 2015

Nutella No-bake Squares



At a loss for things to do this bank holiday weekend? Make these! I know I'll be baking my way through mine!

The greatest compliment that my cooking can get is when I bring it into work, turn my back, and when I turn back everything has been eaten! This is the power of Nutella. It unites people!

So, everyone’s made the delicious Malteaser squares, and I decided to adjust the flavours a bit of that classic traybake to make a chocolate-hazelnut version.



Simply put: this is everything you think a sugary, chocolatey, crunchy, nutty square would be. Pure treat perfection.


Ingredients
  • 130g Nutella
  • 70g butter
  • 45ml golden syrup
  • 200g digestive biscuits
  • 75g hazelnuts
  • 150g white chocolate
  • 100g milk chocolate, for drizzling
  • 25g hazelnuts, crushed, to finish



Method

Begin by melting together the Nutella, butter and golden syrup until smooth.



Now, crush the digestives and hazelnuts – I put them each in a little sandwich bag and then bashed it with a rolling pin. You could use a food processor if you don’t have any pent-up aggression to get rid of. You want them to be crushed coarsely, with some larger pieces.




Put the crushed ingredients in a bowl and pour over the melted Nutella mix.

Stir well, then press into a swiss roll tin.



Refridgerate for a few hours until hardened.

Melt the white chocolate and spread evenly over the top, then melt the milk chocolate and drizzle that over too. Finally, sprinkle the rest of the crushed hazelnuts over the top.




Pop back in the fridge and when the chocolate has hardened, slice and serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment