Friday 4 July 2014

Chocolate Orange Brownies





Of all the food I bring into work (and I'm a feeder, so it's a lot), this is the one thing that people have requested (okay, begged) that I make again and again.

I do love a brownie, I’ve already done the classic and the mint, and when I had some leftover oranges, it seemed obvious to stick them in a brownie. That is how my brain works, don’t judge me.



Squidgy, dense, rich and sweet, studded with chocolate pieces – everything I want in a sweet morsel!


Makes about 25

Ingredients

  • 200g chopped butter
  • 200g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
  • Zest and juice of 1 large orange
  • 4 large eggs
  • 350g caster sugar
  • 100g plain flour
  • 50g cocoa powder
  • 50g white chocolate chips
  • 50g orange chocolate


Method

Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and prep (grease and line) a brownie pan.

Melt the butter, orange zest and juice and dark chocolate, in a saucepan, over a medium heat. Keep stirring, the last thing you want is it to burn! I usually remove it from the heat when all the butter is melted and then stir until the chocolate melts.




Allow to cool.

Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and sugar together until pale, and then stir in the cooled chocolate mixture.

Stirring in the chocolate

All stirred!


Sift over the flour and cocoa and stir to mix.



Add in the chocolate chips.



Bake for 35 minutes, until a knife just comes out clean and the top has developed that ‘crisp.’



Cool in the pan, then lift out using the greaseproof paper and slice into squares.




Package up! Should keep for up to a week in an airtight container, but they really won’t last that long.


No comments:

Post a Comment