Wednesday 23 July 2014

Chocolate Coconut Icelollies





Okay, so it has been really hot in the UK these past few days, so I bought an ice-lolly mould. Don’t judge me, I needed it. It was warm! It is still warm! I'm not built for this kind of heat when I'm not on holidays.

Remember Mini Milks? They were my favourite lollies as a child (and now.. cough). These are pretty much the (simple!) homemade, coconut version of the chocolate one.

Well, why are you still reading? Go, make haste and get making these bad boys, before we all melt!



Below recipe makes 12 (I halved it and made 6)

Ingredients

  • 420ml can coconut milk
  • 50g brown sugar
  • 50g caster sugar
  • 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1 cup of ice cubes
  • 250ml double cream
  • 250ml milk


Method

Bring coconut milk to a low boil over a medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and add in the sugars and cocoa powder.



Whisk to combine, and simmer until the sugar dissolved.

Remove from the heat, place in a bowl and add the ice cubes to cool. Stir until melted.

Stir in the cream and milk and whisk until combined.

Pour into moulds, leaving about 1cm on the top to allow for expansion on freezing.




Freeze for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.



No comments:

Post a Comment