Tuesday 15 April 2014

Banana, Honey and Cinnamon-spiced Smoothie





Well, we are home from our hols and I am not happy about it. One thing I noticed in Dubai that every cafe had an extensive fresh fruit juice menu, with blended flavours creating delicious cold drinks. My obvious favourite is mint lemonade, which I plan to make soon for the upcoming summer weather (optimism!). But I noticed something similar to this on a menu, and I've turned it into a delicious spiced smoothie.

These smoothie posts are always light on photos, because there’s only so much that you can break a ‘peel, pour, blend’ recipe down into. They’re that simple.

There is only one simple fruit here, and it is allowed to shine. I don’t know about you, but I find eating a banana intensely boring. The flavour is so monotonous and I get distracted half way through. 

Not so with this smoothie! The vanilla yogurt makes it creamy, and the added sweetness of honey and spice of cinnamon makes this so different from any of the fruit-heavy other ones I normally whip up. In fact, it feels closer to a milkshake than a smoothie. And it is YUM.

Ingredients

  • 2 bananas
  • ½ cup milk
  • 1 cup vanilla yogurt
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 1 tsp cinnamon


Method

Peel and break up the bananas, and blend until smooth.



Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend again until well-mixed.



Serve!

How do you know you're Irish? When your only pint glass is a Guinness glass

In a more reasonable glass

No comments:

Post a Comment