Wednesday 29 January 2014

Sweet Potato Mash



Artsy mash

God, I love sweet potatoes. And this is a short and sweet recipe (hi-yo!).

Probably my vegetable of 2013, and showing no signs of slowing down in 2014 either. This was the first time I attempted to mash it, and I am pleasantly surprised.

I first ate sweet potato in mash form last summer in New York, accompanied by some absolutely delicious chilli con carne. So this is really a versatile side, perfect for roast chicken, but just as delicious when sidling up to some meaty Mexican dish.

You may find me, eating this by itself in a bowl, with a ton of salt. Don’t even think about judging until you’ve tried it.


serves 2

Ingredients

  • 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
  • 1 garlic clove, chopped
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 1tsp paprika
  • Salt and pepper, to taste

Method

Peel and dice sweet potatoes, place in a pot of salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes until softened.



Drain and place back on the cooling hob to allow to dry out for a minute or two.

Mash the spuds along with the paprika, butter and garlic. Season as needed.



Give me a fork!

No comments:

Post a Comment